Installation View
Nederland I, Gouda Museum, 2006
In the Gouda Museum for the Nederlands 1 exposition, five of my works reflecting 
multicultural identity are juxtaposed to the 15th-16th century religious paintings from the 
permanent collection in the chapel.  These works form an allegory mirroring everyday life
 in Amsterdam as a pop and intercultural experience. They are contrasted to the Christian 
typology, white homogeneity and the way minority figures are represented in the paintings. 

The Messenger,
Nederland I, Gouda Museum, 2006
The Messenger is a loop made of swimming noodles in the shape 
of an angel stuck together with toothpicks. 

Paper Slipper Conference,
Nederland I, Gouda Museum, 2006
Paper Slipper Conference mirrors hard edge painting using Japanese paper slippers 
on bedsprings, attached to a school board placed on an easel, mixing cultures.

UnNatural Selection,
Nederland I, Gouda Museum, 2006
Un-natural Selection comments on social Darwinism and is made of a toy monkey 
covered in black polymers with a head set on, standing on a garbage can 
in front of a nativity scene. 

Umm,
Nederland I, Gouda Museum, 2006